November 15, 2011
John 4:15-19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw. (16) Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither. (17) The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband: (18) For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly. (19) The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
This woman is asking for the water. At first, she still does not completely understand what she is asking for. Jesus is quickly able to prove that He is more than just another man. He explains to her that she has had five husbands. Jesus also tells her that the man she is with now is not her husband. How would a normal man, who she had never met, know this? A normal man would not, but Jesus is no normal man. What does Jesus know about you that no one else knows?

0 comments: