November 11, 2011
John 3:27-31 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. (28) Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. (29) He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. (30) He must increase, but I must decrease. (31) He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all. .
Everything we ever get which is good comes from God. This includes our salvation. The Jews were still trying to get John the Baptist to say something they could use against him. John the Baptist kept telling these Jews that he was not Jesus. Then John the Baptist explains why he was so happy. John the Baptist explains that he was the friend of the groom and that Jesus was the groom. When there is a wedding, it is natural for the friends of the groom to be happy. This is why John the Baptist was happy. John the Baptist adds, “He must increase, but I must decrease.” John the Baptist was telling the Jews that Jesus was the most important person. Do you see good in your life because of Christ?

0 comments: