Verse of the Day

My Musings, Observations, etc.

Questions?

Do you have a question about the Bible? Do you have a question about some doctrine or why we do what we do? Click here to send us your question and we will try to give you an answer as soon as possible.
September 10, 2011
For personal reasons, I have been working toward regaining a certification I once held. In the process of regaining that certification, I must take (and pass) Anatomy and Physiology. In this case, I am taking the equivalent of two semesters of college-level A&P in four weeks. My brain hurts every time I think about all that I must retain to pass this class. However, so far, the class has been quite exciting. I expected the class to be memorizing which bones were where, the names of various muscle groups, etc. When this class started, I was shocked to see that our study would begin on the molecular level then progress to the cellular level. As we have progressed, I am learning just how wonderfully our bodies are assembled and how skillful our creator had to be. I had never considered the complexity of the simple cell. We all studied cellular construction in middle and high school. However, I do not recall ever learning anything to this depth about the cellular biology and human anatomy.
Ge 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Ge 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
The time will shortly come when we will be studying which muscle is where, what each bone is called and so on. But now, I am simply amazed at the intricacy of cellular anatomy and the glory of God revealed through our very construction. Anyone who spends any time at all studying the human body (or any animal) must see the hand of a Supreme Creator. Anyone who denies that Supreme creator is willingly ignorant.

0 comments: