Verse of the Day

My Musings, Observations, etc.

Questions?

Do you have a question about the Bible? Do you have a question about some doctrine or why we do what we do? Click here to send us your question and we will try to give you an answer as soon as possible.
January 3, 2010
Ps 146:1-2 Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul. (2) While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
Ps 147:1 Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely.
Ps 148:1-5 Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights. (2) Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts. (3) Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light. (4) Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens. (5) Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created.
Ps 149:1 Praise ye the LORD. Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints.
Ps 150:1-6 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. (2) Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. (3) Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. (4) Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. (5) Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. (6) Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.
Did you notice a theme there?  You should.  We should praise the Lord.
I know, you think your church is the greatest church on earth.  Well, if you are saved, you are a part of the body of Christ. As a member of the body of Christ, you are a member of the greatest church.  However, I am convinced our local church is the best local church around. I know, you disagree.  You are entitled to be wrong.
Tonight's church service was one of those services.  I don't want to say it was a service where the Holy Spirit moved in or took over -- the Spirit of God is always in control at our church.  It was, however, a different service.  People started praising God for His grace, mercy and salvation.  As the testimonies continued, Preacher interrupted to ensure everyone knew the alter was open. It was clear that God was helping people and people were praising God for the help He was giving.
I am glad I am in a church where the Spirit of God is real and welcome.

0 comments: